Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Felt Flower Headband

I feel like I've been in a creative slump lately.
Ideas come then go. Some of these ideas I test out, but most of them have turned into epic fails.
I think sometimes your creative vision can get blurred.
You can look and look at something but you just can't see it.
You know that it can be turned into something a-mazing, you just can't see what.

Then today I had one of my friends come over for a visit. We chatted and looked at some awesome 90's craft books We talked about ideas we had about things to make, and about doing some craft fairs in a year or so.

After our visit something seemed to just click. It seemed like all of sudden I had five ideas for headbands I wanted to make. I knew what I wanted them to look like and how I was going to make them. I then sat down and actually made one,
and it turned out how I wanted it to on the first try!


It took all my willpower not to shout
HALLELUJAH!


So, for all those in a creative slump, keep trying.
No matter what your vision will always clear and something will always click.

Here it is, the felt flower headband:


Isn't it just lovely?

Aww, felt. There is a reason I love you so much. You just make everything gosh darn adorable.


These flowers are similar to the ones in the tutorial I did here.
To achieve the look of the flowers in the headband, don't scallop the edges.

I will also be posting a tutorial for the headband soon.
They are super easy and absolutely perfect for winter!


Happy Crafting!


There is still 4 more days to enter the Crafting Over Sweeting giveaway.
Go here to enter!

Linked up to:
Fabric, Bows, & More
Lil' Luna
My Girlish Whims
Sew Much Ado
Blue Cricket Design
Organize & Decorate Everything
Mommy by Day, Crafter by Night
the Creative Itch

We are THAT family
JAQS Studio
Southern Lovely
Someday Crafts
Rae Gun Ramblings
Between U & Me


4 comments:

  1. So cute! I love the black grey and orange together! I get in creative slumps too. I always get myself out. We just can't give up! Have a great week!
    Karen@PocketFullofPink

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out great I'd love you to add it to my link party at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh what a cute headband! Love me some felt:) found u over at Vintage GWen! Happy new follower:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very, very cute!!
    Thanks for sharing at Show & Share!

    ReplyDelete