Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Day 10: Small little somethings

Oh readers, day 10 was a hard day for the

Crafting Over Sweeting Challenge.

I really don't know what it was about the first week that made it easier, but it was. It seems I've hit the "Are you crazy?! Just have a freaking donut!" wall. I'm also starting to think I come off a we bit crazy when I'm at the supermarket. Wouldn't you think that about a woman who walks past the cupcakes then backtracks, then walks past them again only to backtrack once more? All the while I probably have this ravenous look in my eyes... I'm sure I'm quite sad looking. Oh well, this was the point of the challenge, to break bad habits. Obviously my habit of eating sweets was worse then I had originally thought.

Time for the Sweeting update!
Sweets eaten: None... thank goodness.
We're not even going to go into sweets I craved.

The day 10 featured Halloween craft is:


These are oh so fun and just add that small little something when you're decorating your house for Halloween. They are also super easy, which is a definite plus.

For this craft you will need:






1-2 packets of Halloween themed brads
*I found my brads at Wal-mart for 97 cents... awesome!*

Silk Flowers Plastic Spiders Pieces of spiderweb
*fake, of course*

Magnets

& of course, your
nifty little Glue Gun.

For the first magnet you'll just glue the brad to the magnet


So easy!

**Helpful Hint: Keep your magnets far apart from each other when you are gluing.
Take it from girl who knows, you don't want your magnets trying to connect when there hot glue all over them.**

For the second magnet,
glue your magnet to the back of the flower.
(trim the plastic flower stem down if necessary)


Cover with spiderweb


Glue the plastic spider on top


These are so easy and they are so fun to have on your refrigerator for Halloween.
Happy Crafting!

Linked up to:
Sumo's Sweet Stuff
Mommy by Day, Crafter by Night
Skip to My Lou
Craftomaniac
Not JUST a Housewife


2 comments:

  1. I don't think you would have looked too crazy backtracking to look at the donuts...I did the same thing yesterday. I just have to keep reminding myself that in about 4 weeks I'll begin to regret every sweet I've eaten this pregnancy because then I have to work it all off. I'm proud of you for going for so long without any sweets! I am not sure I could do it, it's such a temptation to have just a bite...then have that become 2 bites, then the next thing you know they are half gone. Oh and good for you for stopping your nail biting habit...I can't stop myself with that one either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Meredin, you are a sweetheart! I sure felt crazy, but it's good to know someones in the same boat :D. Nail biting was hard, I still struggle with it at times (though it is nowhere near as bad as it was!).

    ReplyDelete