Monday, October 17, 2011

Day 14 & 15: I SEE YOU...

It's nice to be posting about the
CRAFTING OVER SWEETING CHALLENGE again.

I've still been crafting, but like I said in a previous post we spent this weekend as a family...
in my mind that meant no blogging.

S
weeting Update:
Sweets eaten: I'll admit, I had a couple sips of soda this weekend.
The amazing thing was, just a couple of sips made me completely sick to my stomach.
I guess my body is getting used to no sweets. I know it was a misstep, but at the same time
it just made me realize that this Challenge is totally worth it!

I am so excited about today's featured craft!
It has actually taken me a couple of days to complete, which is why I combined days 14 and 15.

Today's featured craft is the:
"I SEE YOU" Yarn & Tulle Wreath

Tulle wreaths seem to be the popular holiday decor for this Halloween,
so of course I had to make one :).

For this craft you will need:
1 wreath

Yarn

*I used white*

Strips of tulle
*Use any color you like, get creative!
Mine measured about 3"x 20"*

Googly Eyes

Spa
rkly letters
*I got mine from Wal-mart... have you noticed I get most everything from there?*

Trusty glue gun

If needed, remove any flowers or decorations from wreath
*This one is gorgeous, but it is also old, worn and balding.
It was crying out to be revamped*


There we go... fresh start!


Wrap your yarn around your wreath,
leaving 3 inch spaces for the tulle.


Simply tie the tulle in a knot around the wreath



Line the knots on the edge of the wreath like so...


Trim tulle to whatever length you prefer


Almost done!


Play around and figure out where you want your
eyes and words to go, then glue them on.


and there you go!


I absolutely LOVE this wreath!!
I know I may seem like a wreath fanatic at times (and I may be)
but this is just perfect for Halloween.
Not to mention it is a-mazingly easy to make, which is always a plus.

Happy Crafting!!

Linked up to:
Sumo's Sweet Stuff
Mommy by day, Crafter by night
Sugar Bee Crafts
Today's Creative blog
Someday Crafts
Skip to My Lou
Hope Studios
Tip Junkie
Roca and Company
Sew Woodsy

7 comments:

  1. Well done! Love the play on words. I can see this done up for Christmas with "Be Nice." I like that you used a mix of tulle colors and yarn, nice combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great makeover. The tulle and eyes work really well together. I like how have added so many different elements on this wreath that all work so well together. I am a new follower from Teach Me Stuff. Vicky from www.messforless.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I'm a wreath fanatic too lately! So glad you stopped by my blog so I could find yours - I'm your newest follower!

    -Mel the Crafty Scientist

    Also, just in case you didn't know, you're a no-reply blogger so I couldn't email respond to your comment... you can find a tutorial to help you fix that here. You'll probably get lots more comments from bloggers if you do that too! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Mel (for being my newest follower and for the advice)! I'm still getting used to all the technical aspects of blogging, but that one was a nice and (thankfully) easy fix.

    Your blog is so awesome. You really have some amazing projects on there! I can't wait to try some of them out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable! And the basic concept could be adapted to so many other themes. Great job. Would love it if you would link this up to our Rockin' link party going on now at RoCa and Company. Here is the link: http://rocaandcompany.blogspot.com/2011/10/you-rock-6.html. Come and show off what you got. Hope to see you there...

    Remember...YOU ROCK!!

    Carmen @ RoCa and Company
    www.rocaandcompany.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete