Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Craft Day 3: Simply Circle Fall Wreath

I've decided just to do quick updates on the sweet-eating part of the
Crafting Over Sweeting challenge.
I think this will just be better all around since I realize I am a bit long winded
and I know what you guys really want to see... the crafts!

Sweets eaten: 0

Sweets I desperately wanted to eat:
$1 bin candy movie from Wal-Mart
(It was actually only 98 cents yesterday,
so you can see how I was doubly tempted.)
&
Cinnamon ice cream from here
(It was actually hard for me to post that link and
look at their website. It's so delicious my tastebuds are slapping
me for denying them such ice creamy goodness.)

Today's featured craft is the
Simply Circle Fall Wreath


For this craft you will need:

1 Straw Wreath
*these run for about $4.99*

8 sheets of felt in preferred colors
*I chose gold, maroon, and a lighter brown*

Embroidery thread and needle

Your trusty hot glue gun
*come on, by now you knew that was coming*

Start by cutting out your felt circles.
(Have you turned on your favorite movie yet, because
now is the time!)

First, cut out what will be your smallest circle.
(my smallest ranged from 1 inch, for the big circle stacks
and 1/2 inch, for the small circle stacks.)


Place your small circle on top a piece of felt and cut around it,
making the bottom circle slightly bigger than the top circle.



Repeat this step until you circle stack is the size you want it to be.
(My biggest circle stacks had about 12 layers.)


Thread your needle with chosen embroidery thread.
(I use 3 strands.)


Come up through the bottom & make an X in the middle of the circles.


Repeat these steps until you have enough (or have had enough!).

Place and glue your circles.

I just love this wreath! It's modern, simple and so much fun.
Not to mention perfect for fall!


Happy Crafting!

Linking to:
http://www.notjustahousewife.net/
http://sumossweetstuff.blogspot.com/
http://www.skiptomylou.org/


3 comments:

  1. This is a great tutorial and such a cute wreath!! I still need to make a wreath for my door but now I kinda want to paint my door a cute red color to have it all fit together =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I just love wreaths and this one has great Fall colors! ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Leslie - That is one of the reasons I loved our house was because it had a red front door... I just love it!

    @Lisa- I know I am such a fan of fall colors. Deep reds, golds and multi-hued browns... you just can't go wrong!

    ReplyDelete