Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Day 9: Crafting for Halloween

I totally missed posting yesterday and I'm not even sure you will believe me when I say what happened... are power went out. Right as I was sitting down to start posting.

Needless to say, I was seriously frustrated.

I can say one good thing about the power going out is that we got to spend some time together as a family. We made a Wal-mart run to pick up some more batteries for the flashlights and the boys got to stay up extra late. They were in heaven and had a blast! It made me happy to see them having so much fun.

As you know yesterday was day 8 of the
Crafting Over Sweeting Challenge.

Time for the Sweeting update!
Sweets eaten: None.
Sweet craved: Oh goodness, way too many.
I was getting close to baking something... but I resisted.

This week I will be featuring simple Halloween crafts to get your house ready for the holidays.

To kick it off is our day 9 craft, the


Garlands seem to be big this year when it comes to Halloween decor.
This one is so simple to make and rather inexpensive as well.
Not to mention it's just cute!

For this craft you will need:

3- 4 yards of rick-rack
*Usually under $1.50 at any craft/ fabric store*

2 sheets of felt
*one black and one white*

Black tulle

*I just used leftovers scraps I had on hand*

Glue Gun
*a crafty girl's best friend*

Before you begin, make some stencils of the ghost and bat shapes you would like to use.


**Helpful Tip: I made mine from junk mail printed on a thicker paper.**

Trace your ghosts onto the white felt, and bats on the black felt


Cut them out...


Use any left over black felt to makes eyes and mouths for the ghosts,
then glue them on.




After figuring out what order you would like them to go in,
glue them about every 8 inches on the rick-rack.


Cut tulle into rectangles and stack 3 together
*mine measured about 3 x 6 inches*


Tie tulle in-between ghosts and bats,


and your done!

So simple, so cute!

Happy Crafting!

Linked up to:
Sumo's Sweet Stuff
Skip To My Lou
Mommy by Day, Crafter by Night
Craftomaniac
Making the World Cuter



3 comments:

  1. I LOVE that garland. I would have never thought of this. Thanks for the idea. I need some added decorations for my house!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute! I love your crafts and your challenge for yourself... you are doing awesome at both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Lorene! You sure know how to give a girl a boost :D.

    ReplyDelete