Friday, October 14, 2011

Day 13: Glow-Stick Lanterns

Here's to Day 13 of the
Crafting Over Sweeting Challenge!

Sweets eaten: Zip.
I've noticed I'm not having so many cravings anymore, and at least the dreams about tables full of baked goods have stopped :).

Sweets craved: These... I love Pinterest!


The Day 12 featured craft is:

Glow Stick Lanterns

As I said above, I absolutely love Pinterest. I have never gone on there and NOT found something absolutely adorable and completely awesome. It is where I found today's craft project. Now I'm not sure where exactly these originated, but the picture I found on Pinterest came from Lil Blue Boo (find her awesome site HERE.).

For this craft you will need:

glow sticks & mason jars

That's it
!

Use scissors ( or a box cutter, which is what I had on hand) to cut off the ends of your chosen glow sticks.

Empty contents in your mason jar.
**Helpful Hint: Lil Blue Boo suggests adding a little water to help the glow last longer.)

Screw on the lid, give it a shake and...

So cool!
!!

Now I added a little ghost silhouette to cut from construction paper.


Just glue it to the front and you get this...


Spooky.

I just love these! They are so much fun,
and will definitely be lining my porch on Halloween night.

Happy Crafting!!!






1 comment:

  1. I'm a fan...I may just have to do this on Halloween, looks pretty darn simple!

    ReplyDelete